Develops young people’s capacity to nurture their well-being, set personal goals and develop the competencies to live as self-sufficient adults.
Designed to counteract the negative lure of gangs, violence and "street" influences on young adolescents, this program helps members develop a greater awareness of conflict and resolution.
Triple Play’s nutrition component, Healthy Habits, covers the power of choice, calories, vitamins and minerals, the food pyramid and appropriate portion size. Healthy Habits is the “Mind” component of Triple Play, which emphasizes eating smart and maintaining physical fitness to improve the overall well-being of Club members. The Healthy Habits program is designed to:
- Provides a well balanced meal on a daily basis to any member within the Club
- Teach young people about the benefits of healthy habits such as eating right and being physically active
- Equip them with skills to adopt healthier habits by participating in fun and engaging learning activities both at the Club and at home
- Encourage young people to take small steps toward positive behavior change
- Improves knowledge of nutrition, proper food handling, food preparation and storage
- Opportunity is taken to introduce youth to social skills, etiquette, manners, and patience