Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo counts on volunteers to assist with the planning and implementation of our special events which change on a monthly basis. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Internships – through your College or University
- Work Study – through your College or University
- One–time – for special events or seasonal programs
- Tutoring – after school any day(s)
- Community Service through your school
- Businesses can come as a group to give back to the community one time or on a regular basis
- Parents of Club Members to become involved
- Clerical support to administrative staff
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Exceptions can be made to meet high school community service requirements, but a school supervisor must be assigned to your group project. All volunteers under the age of 18 will be asked to become members of the Club.
Volunteers are not accepted through the courts unless under the age of 18 and if applicable will be referred to our Juvenile Justice Programming.
Any person who wishes to volunteer their time must first contact Jennifer Mickens at (716) 825-1016 to determine what will work best for both the volunteer and Boys & Girls Clubs of Buffalo. Volunteers that spend their time with our members and have a long term relationship with BGCB will have extensive background checks conducted. Pre-screening of applicants includes, but is not limited to reference checks, fingerprinting, physical examination (including TB test) and clearance through the NY State Central Register of Child Abuse & Maltreatment.
If you are interested in learning more please contact Jennifer Mickens at (716) 825-1016 or email your questions using our contact form.